The Irish Government Building
Irish Government Building
Department of the Taoiseach
(Roinn an Taoisigh)
The building is constructed around a courtyard, and was originally intended to be a college of science.
King Edward VII laid the foundation stone in 1904, remember at this stage Ireland was still under British rule, but the building was not completed until 1922, sometime after British rule had ended.
The architect of the building was Sir Aston Webb, who was also responsible for, the V&A, and the re-designed front of Buckingham Palace, both of which we have made models.
This model was commissioned by Mr Denis Carr from the Office of Public Works.
This was our second collaboration with the OPW, the first being a model of St.Stephens Green.
The model itself took the best part of 1,000 hours to design and make. It is presented on a blue leather finished plinth complete with uplighting.
The model now resides in the foyer of the Department of the Taoiseach.
Click here to view a large image
Click here to view a large image of the Inside